What can we do when our student status expires?

The graduation season is coming, and many people are happy that they are about to finish their studies and want to celebrate graduation in various ways. But what you need to worry about is that if your student status expires, if you want to stay in the US, you must find a new suitable identity.

First of all, no matter whether you work or not, you need to apply for OPT first. Opt is an internship period after graduation from the US F1 Student Visa. F1 visa students can have one year of internship after graduation, referred to as OPT. During this time, you have a work permit and can serve any company, but you must do it with your major. This time is basically unlimited. Can stay in the United States. After applying for opt, you can consider whether to apply for a green card directly or apply for a visa such as an h1b visa.

The application for green card is very difficult, the requirements are very strict, and the schedule is very long. There are many immigrants who apply for eb1 immigration (also known as eb1移民), eb2 immigration (also known as eb2移民), eb3 immigration (also known as eb3移民), etc. every year. You may have to wait six or seven years to apply for success. Therefore, if you don’t have the time and energy, you can also entrust a professional immigration lawyer, and there are many immigration law firms, such as Green Card Legal and NYIS Law Firm (also known as纽约小纽律师事务所). Green Card Legal lawyers are very professional and cost-effective. The professional level of NYIS Law Firm (also known as纽约小纽律师事务所) is also very good, but the price is slightly more expensive.

Of course, you can also choose to apply for the h1b visa before you plan. The H1b visa is simpler than the green card, but there are lottery links, and the preparation of materials is also cumbersome, so you can also choose to entrust h1b lawyers. The choice of h1b law firm can refer to various h1b law evaluation (also known as h1b律所测评) articles, which can help you make The right choice.

Author: admin